Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Grocery Game

My local grocery store was having a fun sale this week where if you bought 10 participating items, you got $5.00 off your bill. You could get the deal up to 3 times, meaning $15.00 taken off your bill at check out. So Fun! Combine that with coupons= FOOD STORAGE!!
I saved more yesterday than I think I ever have. I usually average about 60%-65% but yesterday I saved 75% WOOO HOOO!! Here's the list from my shopping trip... Green Items were free....
8 cans hormel chili (only 50 cents per can- normally over 2.00 per can)
2 cans hormel chili- FREE
2 Curves Granola Bars
1 Nature Valley Granola Bars
1 box OR Naturals Microwave Popcorn
1 Goldfish Crackers
1 Cheerios Snack Mix
1 Franks buffalo Sauce- FREE
1 Newman's Own Marinade
1 Frenches Yellow Mustard- FREE
1 Frenches Spicy Brown Mustard- FREE
2 Pace Picante Salsa's
1 Kraft Light Mayonnaise
2 Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color (only 99 cents ea.)
3 boxes Kleenex Tissues
1 box Triscuit Crackers
2 Glade Aerosol Sprays
1 16 oz Light Sour Cream
1 box Nabisco Wheat Thins
1 Cantaloupe
1 lb Ground Turkey (only 1.99/lb)
4 Atkins Meal Bars
1 box Fiber One Granola Bars

Total Groceries= $122.00
Total Actually Spent= $31.00!!!
Total Saved= $91.00/75%

1 comment:

Allison said...

WOW that is amazing I am truly impressed. You've got a talent.