Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Snack Attack!!!

I am crazy. I haven't been doing so well at grocery shopping lately and so I decided to get back on the horse with my coupons and start stocking up. My freezer(s) are full and so I really don't need any frozen fruits, veggies or meat. I guess back to school time means lots of sales on snacks. Usually I am really good about not buying all the junk food, but when I got home today I realized that snacks/junk is just about all I bought. Oops!!! We really didn't have any grab and go type of foods around here so I guess they will come in handy. Also my husband is going on a road trip with his buddy in a few weeks and now I can look like an awesome super prepared wife sending him off with loads and loads of granola bars, fruit snacks, etc for him and his friend to share.

Here's what I got......

First, the Non-Junk-Food items......
3 packages of scunci barrettes, rubber bands and bobby pins
1 Colgate tooth brush (free)
2 boxes Hefty storage bags (free)

Now bring on the junk.....
6 packages of hamburger helper
2 packages of Betty crocker Warm Delight Mini's (free)
2 packages fiber one granola bars
2 packages chex mix bars
4 packages fruit roll ups
2 packages fruit snacks
4 packages sugar free Jell-o
1 package Quaker true delights granola Bars
4- 12 packs coke products
1 loaf bread
1 Wanchai dinner kit
1 nature valley nut clusters
1 fiber one muffin mix
2 lighthouse dressings
1 Marie's dressing

Total= $146.00
Total Paid $45.00
70% savings

Well.... I definitely got a lot of junk food. Luckily my food storage is stocked with other foods because you can't live off of granola bars and fruit roll ups!!!

No comments: