Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weekly Grocery Shopping

Last night I went to the grocery store and to Walgreens. I did pretty darn good if I do say so myself..... My grocery store was having the same sale where if you bought ten participating items, you got $5.00 off your purchase so a lot of the items I bought are repeats of last week. Here's what I purchased...

5 boxes sugar free jello
2 bottles Theraflu warming liquid - FREE after Walgreens Rebate
1 Revelon creme color lip gloss- FREE after Walgreen's Rebate
1 Revelon Age Defying foundation- FREE after Walgreens Rebate
2 Cans Hormel Chili- FREE
10 Cans Hormel Chili (only 50 cents ea.)
1 box Fiber One Granola Bars
4 boxes Kellogs Fruit snacks
2 Pace picante Salsas
1 pkg Chex Mix (only 50 cents)
1 Container Cool Whip Free
1 Windex Wipes
1 Lysol Cleaner
1 Soft Scrub Spray
1 Lysol Toilette bowl cleaner
1 pkg Fresh Express Lettuce
0.92 lb onion
2.58 lbs Red seedless grapes
1 4lb Tri Tip Roast
4 pkgs Johnsonville Sausage or Bartswurst
1 Lady Speed Stick deodorant

Total Purchased= $172.19
Total Spent= $35.90
That's 80% Savings!!!!!! Holy Mamasita! THAT BROKE MY RECORD!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

Wow! That's all I have to say about that! Wow!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey its wiimiii from BBC. I have a question. You said this was your weeks grocery shopping I see no real food on this list. Do you have a seperate stocking up / foodstorage / couponging budget or what? Also I think I am oging to sign up for the coupon game and would like to use you so you can get credit for me how do I do that?

Cory said...

The whole idea behind the grocery game is that you stockpile your food/cleaners/personal items/etc when they're at rock bottom prices plus use a coupon to make it even lower. After about 2 or 3 months of this, you will have the items on hand at home in your stock pile so that you do not have to run out to the grocery store to buy specific items. What I do is, I buy any meat that is on rock bottam sales for that week and stock up on it and freeze it or use it fresh for that weeks menu. Then i do the same for any fresh produce. I stock up on frozen items when they're on sale and any side dish items like rice, beans, etc when they're on sale. Then I only go to Sams Club or Costco to buy items that never really go on sale all that much like cheese, butter, milk, and eggs. Everything else, you can get a rock bottom prices and stock up on them so that you have your own little grocery store at home. The grocery game tells you when to buy things and what coupons to use so that you do not have to do any "work" on your own. it's all color coded. Now that I have my stock pile at home, I only buy things when they are on a super good sale where I am getting at least 65% (often a lot more) savings. It will take you a few months to get your stock pile up and to really see tons of savings but it's really worth it. At first, you will notice about a 50% savings and as you contiue to shop and buy things when they're at rock bottom prices, you will see your saving increase. I also have a Deep Freeze and over the last month I have stocked it with rock bottom meats, frozen veggies and fruits, side dishes like green giiant steamed veggies with rice and pillsbury frozen rolls. I also make my baby food out of the produce that is on sale that week and freeze that as well. I spend an average of $50.00 per week on groceries and that includes everything, cleaners, personal products, food, baby items, etc!! The trick is to stockpile it when it's super cheap and use the coupons for those items that way you have it on hand and you can plan your weekly menu according to which meat and produce is on sale that week at your local store. Please email me if you have any questions at myfoodstoragejourney@yahoo.com