Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Closet Under The Stairs

I have a little storage area under the stairs. I have been wanting to clean it out and use it for food storage. So i did this yesterday. I had grocery bags filled with food (canned goods) shoved in random places in my house because I had no where to store them. So i cleaned it out yesterday and started putting my food storage in there. These are extras that i have on hand that i do not have room in my regular pantry for. My husband is going to build me a little shelving unit inside there so that i can organize it and stack things better. In the mean time, i will just shove my food storage items inside the small space and stack them as high as I can. Also, the three buckets to the left of the picture are pretty cool, but expensive. There is enough food in one of the buckets for one person for one full month. You just add water. there are meal bars, oatmeal, soups, powdered eggs, etc. in there. it lasts for twenty years when stored properly. We bought these a few years ago when we had some extra money. They are pricey but very convenient. You can purchase them at Sam's club or Costco for a little less than $100.00 per bucket. Like i said, kind of pricey but very convenient.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Your website is really cute! Inspiring, even. Way to go!