Tuesday, March 10, 2009


I got some good deals today but over all, I only saved 60%. I never thought the day would come where 60% savings would be a disappointment, but it sort of is. One super awesome deal was the three family packs of chicken shown above. They have a special rack for stuff that's about to expire in the meat department. They put orange stickers on the packs of meat and they usually say "reduced for quick sale". Well I always check it out but very rarely buy anything because it scares me. Last week they had a very grey package of sausage and I could feel the food poisoning attack just by looking at it. So normally, I don't get anything but today I noticed they had a ton of boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale for $0.99/lb. (a normal cheap price for boneless skinless chicken breasts is $1.97/lb) So I just had to ask the butcher for info on it. I walked up to him and said "HI, i see there's a lot of chicken breasts for sale. Are they going bad? Will my family DIE if i feed it to them?" He started laughing at me and said that no, we wouldn't die, that actually nothing was wrong with them. They just accidentally ordered 300 lbs of extra chicken breasts so the manager said to mark it down to get it out of there. So not only was the stuff not going bad, it was brand new!! So i picked up three family packs of chicken. That was probably my most exciting deal this week. I did get some stuff for free, but the chicken was like an extra special bonus today.
1 Glade fan starter kit (FREE)
2 Tubs Smart Balance Spread
1 Exedrin Menstrual Gelcaps (FREE)
1 Pack Extra Gum (FREE)
1 CVS Vitamin D (FREE)
1 Single Dr Pepper (FREE- was thirsty)
3 40 count Packages Huggies Gentle Care Diapers
1 Large Tub Cottage Cheese
2 Boxes Pop Tarts
1 Bag Spanish Rice
1 Bag Yellow Rice
1 Bag White Rice
2 6-packs Treetop Applesauce
1 Hormel Complete Meals (FREE)
2 6-Packs Danimals Smoothies
1 12-Pack Quilted Northern toilette paper
1 Ken's Light Salad Dressing Spray
2 6-packs Dannon Lite and Fit Yogurt
2 Mc Cormick Seasoning Packets
3.87 lbs Bananas
2.26 lbs Red Seedless Grapes
1 Bunch Green Onions
1 Bag Lettuce
13 lbs boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 lbs T-bone Steak
8 Atkins Protein Bars
Total Price- $183.95
Total Paid- $73.61 110.34
Total Saved- $110.34/60%

I also received $12.99 in store credit to use next time.

No comments: