Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Week In Food Storage....

So my husband and I decided that we needed to not spend any money for awhile. We own a small nuts and bolts company and with the way the economy is, things have been slow. December and January are always his slowest months of the year. We decided that we wouldn't go grocery shopping for awhile and use our food storage to feed our family. So since January 1st we have not been grocery shopping. So far so good. The only thing we decided we would purchase would be milk and meat (and diapers!!). My deep freeze some how got unplugged back in early December and we lost a lot of our meat. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't even have to buy meat right now! Anyways, I'm hoping to go at least another three or four weeks without grocery shopping. I really do enjoy grocery shopping and using my coupons though so it's going to be tough.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

It's such a fun challenge though! Good luck!