Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Got It!!!

In my previous post I mentioned that I had this space that I didn't know what to do with. I knew I wanted it to serve a purpose and not just be a simple decoration or space-sucker-upper.

So here it is......
This is a super old hope chest that was my Great Grandmother's! My Grandma is 92 years old if that gives you an idea of just how stinkin' old this thing is. I thought it was built by my great grandfather but I guess I was getting that confused with another one of my mothers antiques.

Either way I think it's pretty cool that I've ended up with it after having been passed down from my great grandmother to my grandmother to my mom and now to me.
Like I said before I will probably put paper products inside because I don't want any food items leaking into it. I'm looking forward to filling this thing up!

My next item on my list is reorganize my food storage closet as well as my pantry. They have both gotten slightly out of hand the last few months and are in need of a make over!

No comments: